Let us be frank with this, the majority of us pick ground beef or chicken breasts at the grocery store but are always short of cooking tips. No doubt, both are easy to cook- brown it up, add your favourite seasonings and its ready to be served. However, it can get boring if you remain stuck at burgers, meatballs, tacos, fried and the other routine stuff.
Whether you are feeling Italian, want the Mediterranean or the continental fare, with a few smart cooking tips and Hon sauce bundle, you can jazz up your average weekend dinner with a little bit of spice and taste. Here we are with tips that are handy, easy and quick and inspiration too, on what to do with this delicious protein.
- Never freeze or else you will find the meat less tender after cooking.
- If you leave the chicken pieces with the skin, it will help in holding the juice while cooking, adding to the tenderness.
- Keep it rightly wrapped during refrigeration, and it will never dry out.
- During roasting, chicken breasts or ground beef put a foil and only remove it during the last 30 minutes of roasting time.
- Cooking temperature is vital for the taste and tenderness; overcooking causes loss of moisture.
- Let the meat rest for some time after cooking to let it absorb the juices and get distributed throughout the meat.
- Cut the meat across the grain, and you will have more tender pieces.
- If added cooked chicken or ground beef to a dish that has a long cooking time, go for the dark meat instead of the white one.
- When cooking a recipe that required the chicken breasts or ground beef in measured amounts, always follow the quantity as needed and do go overboard.
- While roasting the meat, untrussed cooks faster and more evenly.
- Covered meat will always take longer to cook in comparison to the uncovered one.
- Frying, broiling, grilling or sautéing needs to be done carefully to avoid overcooking. Chicken breasts and ground beef may take a different period to get properly cooked.
- While roasting, hold the meat, move it around, you will feel it moving freely, and if that’s so, it is done. There can be other methods, as well.
- Do not overcrowd chicken breasts or grounded beef while cooking. You need to leave space between the pieces. It allows meat to get brown and have even cooking.
- If you are marinating the meat for before cooking, always remember there are no shortcuts. Also never reuse the marinade else the dish might lose its taste.
- Always use a sharp knife while cutting the chicken breasts or even the grounded beef. Not only it makes the job a lot easier; it will also cut the pieces neatly. It reflects when the dish is served.
In the last, we also suggest that before buying read the package label to understand the description, total weight and recommended dishes. It always helps.